When it comes to media streaming devices, there is no match of Amazon Fire Stick. This tiny device is not only easy to carry but also provides excellent entertainment experience anywhere. DTH services might soon become history as devices like Amazon Fire Stick provides much more than just watching TV. Amazon Fire Stick only needs a high speed internet connection that is now available in most parts of the world to stream high quality content as and when required. If somehow you are not able to Connect Fire Stick to WiFi network, we are here to guide you. Just follow this article from start to finish and you will be able to do so easily.
Prerequisite to Connect Fire Stick to WiFi Network
- A Registered Amazon Fire Stick Device
- A Television with HDMI and USB Ports
- A High Speed WiFi Internet Connection
We assume that you know your WiFi password, which is different from your Amazon account and is case sensitive. If you do not know your WiFi password, consider calling your internet service provider to get it. Alternatively you can turn on hotspot on your phone and Connect Fire Stick to WiFi but you might not be able to get the desired internet speed depending on your location. In such situation you might face video buffering issues while watching on Amazon Fire Stick.
Steps to Connect Fire Stick to WiFi Network
- Turn on your television and connect Fire Stick to HDMI Port.
- Connect Fire Stick's power cable to the USB port or use the wall adaptor.
- On your TV choose the correct input / source for Fire Stick.
- On Fire Stick's home screen, go to “Settings" menu.
- There you will see “Network" representing WiFi signal, select it.
- It will bring up a list of available WiFi networks, select your's.
- If you cannot see your WiFi network in the list, select “Rescan" option.
- Enter your WiFi password, it is case sensitive, make sure you type correctly.
- Hit the “Connect" button, your Fire Stick will now be connected to WiFi.
Issues While Connecting Fire Stick to WiFi Network
If you cannot Connect Fire Stick to WiFi network, there may be several reasons. Here are the few most common problems faced by users while connecting Fire Stick to WiFi. Check them one by one and you will definitely get success with Amazon Fire Stick.
WiFi Network Not Available
Make sure your WiFi router is within range, if it is too far Fire Stick won't be able to detect it and you won't be able to Connect Fire Stick to WiFi network. If they are close and still you can't see WiFi network in the list of available networks, restart your WiFi router. In most cases this will solve the problem.
Incorrect WiFi Password
Make sure you are using correct password to Connect Fire Stick to WiFi network. If you are not sure, consider calling your service provider or contact Fire Stick Support Phone Number to get help on this issue. Passwords are case sensitive thus there is always a chance of typing mistakes so make sure you type it correctly.
Issues with 5Ghz WiFi Network
If you are using an old Fire Stick, it might not be compatible, consider replacing it. If both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi networks has same SSID, Amazon Fire Stick might have issues with it. Make sure both WiFi bands have different SSID so Fire Stick can recognize them easily.
We believe this article will help you to Connect Fire Stick to WiFi network and it will also help you to fix common problems you might face. Still if you are facing problems, let us know in comments.