In 2014, Amazon graced the world with the Fire TV’s miniature model known as the Fire stick. Amazon Fire TV Stick offers an easy and hassle-free way to stream over your favorite television shows, movies, and the like. Unfortunately, Amazon Fire stick does not have unlimited storage capacity. Thus, if the user is not careful about the number of downloaded shows or apps, the Fire TV Stick may experience performance issues such as Fire Stick Frozen or constantly buffering the content. Aside from the low storage capacity, other possible reasons for Amazon Fire Stick Frozen problem are the following:
- The internet connection might not be sufficient.
- Your Fire TV Stick is away from the Wi-Fi router thus, the internet signal may be low.
- The RAM is running slow.
- The Fire TV Stick Device might be overused and might be overheating.
Steps To Fix Amazon Fire Stick Frozen Problem
An unresponsive or Frozen Fire Stick typically requires a restart, similar to how you reboot a computer when it freezes. Usually, the device will freeze on the Fire Stick start-up menu and you will not be able to control the menu or use the remote. In such situations disconnect the Fire Stick power cord from the wall and keeping Fire Stick powered down for several minutes. Once you’ve waited for a while, try to plug in the power cord and start the device. Hopefully this simple trick will solve the Amazon Fire Stick Frozen issue and you will be able watch your content again.
You can also re-start your Fire Stick device from the remote itself if it is responsive while Fire Stick is freezing. Follow these steps to fix Fire Stick Frozen problem with the remote control:
- Turn on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Get your Fire TV Stick remote control and press at the same time the select button and the Play or Pause Button.
- Press the said button for more or less 5 to 10 seconds and wait until your Fire TV stick turns off and eventually restarts.
Alternate Way To Fix Fire Stick Frozen Issue
If the simple restart didn’t help to solve this issue then last thing that you can do to solve Fire Stick Frozen problem is a factory reset. But remember, it will delete all content from your device and you have to Register Fire Stick again with your Amazon account. Follow these steps to Reset Fire Stick to factory defaults and this will certainly resolve your Amazon Fire Stick Frozen issue permanently.
Follow these steps to Reset Fire Stick to Factory Defaults:
- In your Home Screen, look for the Settings. Settings Icon is located at the top of your Home Screen, or you could press down the home key on your remote until such time that you locate the Settings when the Home Screen light becomes dim.
- Open the Setting Icon. After which you will see different choices such as My Account, Accessibility, Preferences, My Fire TV and others;
- Click on My Fire TV icon;
- Once you opened the My Fire TV Icon, look for the “Reset to Factory Defaults”;
- Click the “Reset to Factory Defaults.”
- Once you click on the “Reset to Factory Defaults,” you will see a notice that warns you that you are about to reset your Amazon Fire TV to its Factory Settings and that all your saved items will be lost. So, you have to be very careful and be certain when resetting your device to solve Fire Stick Frozen issue. Since, after you click this button, you can no longer undo the same. As a security measure, your PIN Number, if any, will be asked from you.
- Lastly, click Reset Button.
After this, the Fire Stick device automatically restarts. It will appear in the same condition when you first had it.
We hope the above mentioned tips helped you to fix Amazon Fire Stick Frozen issue permanently but still if you facing any problem, let us know in the comment section and we will try our best to guide to through the entire process.