“Although there are many errors and codes you might get on your fire stick but Prime Video Error Code 8056 is one of the most common errors that you might encounter. In this article, we will let you know everything about this error code 8056 such as what it mean and how to fix it easily."
Amazon fire stick is one of the best streaming devices available in the market due to its advanced features that’s why it is used by tech-freaks. However, it is not a very robust streaming device, the users of this device once in a while, encounter technical issues as well as code errors. One of most significant is Fire Stick Error Code 8056 that is displayed on your fire stick at the time of updating your apps or firmware. This error code 8056 simply mean that the fire stick operating system is not able processes some of available updates.
Steps To Fix Prime Video Error Code 8056 Easily
If your fire stick is displaying Prime Video Error Code 8056 on screen then it clearly mean that your device is not able to update either the firmware or some of apps installed on your device. Most of the time this issue occurs with the “Prime Video” app that you use to watch movies and TV shows. The most common problem is the internet connectivity. Your internet connection might be very slow or might not be working at all. There are few things that you do to resolve this error code 8056 as mentioned below:
- Restart Your Internet Router
- Restart Your Amazon Fire Stick
- Check Internet Speed
- Reset your Fire Stick to factory default
1. Restart Your Internet Router
If you router is the culprit behind the Prime Video Error Code 8056 then most probably your fire stick device might not be getting internet connectivity. In this situation follow the below mentioned steps to re-start your Wi-Fi router.
- Un-plug the router’s power cord from the wall.
- Wait for 5 minutes until it cools down.
- Turn on the router again.
- Wait until all lights go green.
- Now check if the Fire Stick Error Code 8056 is gone.
2. Restart Your Fire Stick
If your fire stick is not able process updates then there might be issues with the device itself. Restarting the device could help you to resolve Prime Video Error Code 8056 within couple of minutes. Following are the steps to re-start your fire stick device with the remote controller.
- On the remote you need to press “Play/Pause” button and the “OK” button together.
- Wait for some time until the device switch off itself, release both the buttons.
- You can also re-start your fire stick by taking the power cord out from the power outlet.
3. Check your Internet Speed
- On your computer open your favorite internet browser.
- Visit the website www.speedtest.net to check the speed instantly.
- You can also download the App on your fire stick itself.
4. Reset To Factory Defaults
This is the last thing that you should do to fix Prime Video Error Code 8056 on your fire stick. Because performing a Fire Stick Factory Reset will delete all the apps and data from the device. It will also de-resister your device from the Amazon account and you need to Register Fire Stick again.
- On your fire stick home screen, tap on “Settings” icon.
- Now you need to navigate to “Device” option.
- There you will see “Reset to Factory Defaults”, tap in it.
- Wait for some time until your device reset itself.
We hope that you have found enough information in the article to fix Fire Stick Error Code 8056. We have shown you some of the easiest methods to fix this error. If the users find it difficult to fix this error then they can feel free to reach out the Fire Stick Customer Service team who are expert in solving these issues.